Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

On the 23rd of April I renewed my Microsoft Office Account…

Customer Question
On the 23rd of...

On the 23rd of April I renewed my Microsoft Office Account for Zeeb McNicol, New Zealand.

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

Microsoft Office

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes we renewed the whole package on the 17th April (payment went to you on 23 April). Now we are told we need to renew it yet again. WE got charged a double sub last year and it seems you are trying to do it again this year

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
5/25/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 2 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com , a paid independent Q&A and Tech support site, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification or troubleshooting

How many subscriptions or Microsoft accounts do you have? Maybe you are paying for 2 different ones?

I also have a receipt for an Office 365 Subscrition on September12 2017. I think that we have two accounts, one for***@******.*** and one for***@******.***

ok, in your Microsoft Office chck which account is used, then cancel subscription on the other one

Why I am paying extra money whenI have already paid too much for my subscriptio

We charge for our help. we are not related to Microsoft.

And remote assistance is optional

It is Microsofts problem so why do I need to pay someone else?

problem is not with Microsoft. You have two active subscriptions for whichever reason...

NO

You are paying for 2, so thats a yes.

and you created them , not Microsoft. the point is - you need to cancel the one you are not using, that is all.

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue? Or we can close this as resolved?
Waiting for your reply.

The problem was caused when I tried to install a licence using a card. It did not work properly so I got help for free from a Microsoft employee. Unfortunately he also convinced me to take an extra year online and somehow that resulted in a double account both running in the same year so it is a Microsoft problem.

"he also convinced me to take an extra year online" -- that means that you did open the account. Glad you were able to figure it out

In any case, it is either two licenses/subscriptions under one account or two separate accounts with two separate licenses/subscriptions.

My point here was to help figure out which account is "double" and to cancel it, so you are paying only for the account you are actually using. Otherwise you might lose your "in cloud" files or settings if you close the wrong account