Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have an active 365 subscription. I got a new laptop just…

Customer Question
I have an active...

I have an active 365 subscription. I got a new laptop just now. The Word, Powerpoint and Excel are working. But the OneDrive is still empty. Did I miss something?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Acer, Window 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Acer? Have you installed any updates recently?

After unpacked, I ran the windows update.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

The OneDrive is the main thing. I have many files there. I need my new laptop to have access to them.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
5/25/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: caraleneK, Office Engineer replied 2 months ago
caraleneK
caraleneK, Office Engineer

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Please re-grant permission to your folders

1.Right click at the OneDrive folder, and choose properties.
2. Click “security” item, and then choose “edit
3. add your use account to this.
Or you can change the default OneDrive folder for this:
1.Open File Explorer.
2.Press and hold or right-click OneDrive in the left pane.
3.Tap or click Properties, and then tap or click the Location tab.
4.Tap or click Move.
5.In the Move Folder dialog box, tap or click Yes.
If this still fails, uninstall OneDrive from the control panel and install it again.

Waiting for your feedback or a rating