Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I am trying to add a family member to my 365 account. I have…

Customer Question
I am trying to add...
I am trying to add a family member to my 365 account. I have sent the invitation and she has accepted it. Do we need to create a new account?
Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Microsoft Office
4/3/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Michael T,
 replied 19 days ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

To install Office, each person needs their own Microsoft account and personal My Office Account page. If they don't already have a Microsoft account, they can create one when they accept your invitation to share. It's free.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
OK I have the new account. How do I load Office 365 on this family member computer. Please confirm my understanding that this additional computer is at no charge from MS.
Microsoft Office Technician: Michael T,
 replied 19 days ago
You can share your subscription with up to 4 family members. You need to sign into you family members account that has been created and they will see the option to install office once they sign into their newly created Microsoft 365 account. As long as it’s created with the same email as you shared to it will appear in her downloads. If it does not then you can sign into your account online thru office 365 and install it there as well. 2 options for you. Try to do the first option though.
Microsoft Office Technician: Michael T,
 replied 19 days ago

Here is a support page that you can use in case you are stuck on this, open it HERE

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for my time today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know and ill be happy to help you more

Michael T
Michael T
Michael T