Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I created a performance evaluation in word in hopes managers…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I created...

Second opinion] I created a performance evaluation in word in hopes managers could fill it out on their PC. What do I need to do to keep the form from changing while they are typing.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Word?

Our IT company does updates every Tuesday nights

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Word?

Nothing since I don't know how to stop the form from changing when information is being entered

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
4/3/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer fillable form question.

First, you have to Create a New Blank document, after creating a template after the manner of what sort of form you want.

Then you insert text elements that are fillable, on the Developer tab, by clicking on Design Mode, then clicking on Rich Text Content Control (or Plain Text Content Control) on the Developer tab.

As for putting in instructional text or label text that cannot be changed: in Design Mode still, you click on the content control element in the document whose text you want to change, and edit it.

For making the content of an instructional text or label not-editable by the user and filler out of the form, you check the box for 'Contents cannot be edited' when the text is selected for the content control element that you want to be not-editable.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.