Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

This is a VERY advanced question that pertains to Google…

Customer Question
This is a VERY advanced...
This is a VERY advanced question that pertains to Google Sheets but perhaps someone with VERY advanced Excel knowledge can also answer it.I needed for my work to capture a time stamp without any scripts or macros, so I've used "Circular Reference for Creating a Timestamp" per https://excelchamps.com/blog/timestamp/and Google Sheets has implemented that feature per https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com/2016/12/new-iterative-calculation-settings-and.htmlHowever it seems that upon refresh I get those values "reset" to the current time (and they stay like that) or 12:00:00
Does anyone know how to deal with this bug, could changing values for "Max Number of iterations" and "Threshold" fix it,
I kept decreasing and increasing them, but the bug persists, perhaps I need to set them to some particularly large or small value ? Default of 50 / 0.05 didn't work, but neither 1/ 0.05, nor 1/1Any other settings I could change to make it work?Here's the file that has no (a) scripts/macros (b) hidden sheets or (c) reference to other spreadsheets and that's the goal to keep it all transparent formulas -only. And I wonder if I run into sheet's limit to run via formulas only? Although they are relatively short and simple formulas so I don't understand....https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KF-523gkn_3ilAwMFnH0EadtXgFq3KXaLkpMrwLHrLU/edit?usp=sharing
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
the problem is that it happens occasionally not all the time, and not for all data. Trying to make sense of this random behavior
4/3/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
George Sibiya
George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for utilising our services

I am looking at you task and will update you

Regards,

G

Any word if "Max Number of iterations" and "Threshold" changes could fix it?

So, I have analyzed the spreadsheet for a number of times.

So by refresh you mean page reload right?

On my side, except for C6 which updates every minute, all other time stamps do not update even after editing their corresponding cells they depend on

This behavior is consistent with your current formulas.

Please advice if the bug is, it does not always behave this way or you would like it to behave differently

Yeah it's not the update, in Google sheets they update every minute it's the time stamp that resets from fixed at the time of day entry to the time when it's reopen, or just 12:00:00Are you opening with Google Sheets?

Yes I am opening it with Google Sheet.

Ever have made a copy and ever since received it from you, G,K,O and S have the same values they have never changed on reopen

Please see attached, a screen shot taken just now on the copy

I might be missing the exact issue

See it's a hit and miss sometimes they do, sometimes they don't change. I was wondering if
"Max Number of iterations" and "Threshold" setting can be tweaked to make it more "stable". I am not even sure what this setting does exactly