Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

We have used Microsoft office to write correspondence until…

Customer Question
We have used Microsoft...

We have used Microsoft office to write correspondence until recently and now it appears we cannot use it anymore. Can some one please explain and if possible guide us thru and help us continue using Microsoft office. Please help.

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

What we use the microsoft officce /word is for typing official letters.

Technician's Assistant: The Microsoft Office Technician will be able to walk you through that. Have you updated Word recently?

I don't think so

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

We are curious why suddenly we cannot use this again. as of now nothing else

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
4/2/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Just to clarify, are you using a Windows or Mac computer now? Do you know the version of Office you were using?

windows

I see; can I connect to your screen to check and fix Office now?

i do not want remote assistance, just enable me to use the microsoft word/office
Microsoft Office Technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10?
  2. What version of MS Office do you have -- 2010, 2013 or 2016?
  3. Why can't you use your MS Office? What happens when you try to open it like MS Word?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

windows vista 10, i believe 2010? don't know why I can't use; it says disabled or something like that.

Please give it another try, open MS Word and then please tell me what happens. If you get an error, please tell me the exact error message.

you know I just want to cancel this if you can't help me right now
it is working so cancell this order

I am trying to help you but you must help me help you by giving me the information I need in order to verify what the problem is. The more information you can provide about the problem, the better.

If you do not want to continue, here is the link about refunding:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Thank you.

Regards,

Jess

i thought it worked, but it did not, it says the selection is locked. What do you want me to do?
Jess,
Are you there?

Are you able to open MS Word but you cannot do anything on the blank document?

Or you cannot open it at all? Please tell me the FULL error message.