Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I scanned a document to a flash drive and then loaded it…

Customer Question
I scanned a document...

I scanned a document to a flash drive and then loaded it into my documents on my hard drive. From there I loaded into word and saved it. However, I am unable to print it in the green color that was the original and I haven't been able to change the color in Word. I al so need to change some of the text and I haven't been able to edit the document in Word. Help!!!!

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Window 8.1

Technician's Assistant: Does your computer have an On-Screen Display button for brightness?

It's a Dell about 4 years old?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That does it.

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Microsoft Office
4/2/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: jinsmn, Computer Support Specialist replied 20 days ago
jinsmn
jinsmn, Computer Support Specialist

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. You can't edit a scanned image in Word. You should use an optical character reader program such as Abby Fine Reader to create a document from the scanned image.

If you like, I can remotely connect to your computer and show you how to create an editable document from the scanned image.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
No thank you

Okay, then please try with Abby Fine reader. Feel free to contact me if you need any help.

jinsmn
jinsmn
jinsmn, Computer Support Specialist