Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have Microsoft 16.11.180311 on my iMacs and I want the…

Customer Question
I have Microsoft 16.11.180311...

I have Microsoft 16.11.180311 on my iMacs and I want the same version on my iPad Pros. For some reason they have a very different version.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

11.2.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I have only been frustrated by the different commands and lack of commands on the excel on the iPads. I have two. I have tried nothing otherwise.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know of anything.

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
The time estimate is grossly inaccurate. I will check to see if I have an answer by morning.
4/1/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 23 days ago
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

The iMac uses MacOS and the iPad Pro uses iOS, so Microsoft have developed different versions of their Office software to work on both platforms.

You cannot have the same version on iMac and iPad for this reason.

However as long as they are both version 16.xx.xxxxx then they will both be fully compatible with each other.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Pete, the commands and lack of Excel commands on the 11.2.6 version of iPads I own make the software virtually unusable. Is there any other apple products that use the same or similar version of Excel as the iMac?
Microsoft Office Technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 22 days ago

The mobile devices use a different, simpler version of Excel.

To get the same or similar software on the iPad, you could try remotely connecting to your iMac desktop, so that you can see and use the apps that are installed on it.

Pete, Computer Expert