Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I think I was scammed, I was told my microsoft license was…

Customer Question
I think I was...

I think I was scammed, I was told my microsoft license was expired and would shut my computer down if I did not buy a product to fix it, is there such a thing as license expiration

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

Windows ?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I had been trying and they would not update

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/31/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: technicalcat, Computer Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Computer Enthusiast

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

Yes, I'm sorry to tell you that is a scam. Is your computer working OK ? Did you allow any remote connection to the computer from the offending messengers?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

I did allow remote connection
I think they already fixed it but not sure

Do you have any messages popping up , or anything else that isn't normal going on with computer? Any numbers or messages on desktop? Lower right corner?