Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Jess. I have another task for you, using the same

Customer Question
Hello again Jess. I have another...
Hello again Jess.
I have another task for you, using the same spreadsheet I gave you - do you still have it? I need you to add in extra sheets (added in automatically once it recognises left of flower stems as identified in the sheet) which will be additional orders using the same table and workings out except that the second and subsequent sheets will only use the flowers left over from the previous order/sheet. This is to be calculated in the 'Summary Order Costings' table in the bottom left side of each sheet. However, each new sheet will show in that table a running total from the previous sheets total cost as well as the individual fee charged per order the total flowers left over (all orders), the flowers left over wholesale cos, and the total GST to pay all orders. The second and subsequent sheets will only be generated automatically once the final cost is generated on each sheet and only off there are flowers left over in Column K.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/29/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for requesting me. Can you send me the file again and then include the extra sheet that you require? I want to see if I can automate it for you and I want to see what exactly are the information to be placed on that automated sheet.

Hi Jess,
I have been working on the various sheets and this has shown me some additional complications that have emerged, so I am working on fixing these for you as much as I can to make it easier for you to follow. I am now changing the look and process of the first and subsequent sheets to make it easier for my wife to use. As soon as I have finished at my end I will send it to you. In the next couple of days.
PS. I am also open to any suggestions you might have as we progress the job.

Thank you, ***** ***** your time.

Hello Jess,
I have reworked the spreadsheet again and now have two sheets only. The first sheet involves the flower costing calculations and the second is an invoice for the first sheet order. once an invoice is generated i need you to rework the first sheet as a new fresh sheet ready for a new order to be done with the first order to be saved as a separate file for company records.Can you please check:
1. that all cells formulas are working
2. insert a macro button to generate an invoice on the second sheet once the order is completed (invoice needs to be in an editable form of some sort to enable the completion of each order details).
3. Once the invoice is generated I need you to refresh the first sheet for use as a new order while keeping the previous order as a separate file for record keeping. The new order sheet (first sheet) to be included as part of a new order in cells A3 to D21 and F3 to F22 as blank as well.
4. Once an order has been completed, there will most likely be some flower stems left over. these need to appear on the next order sheet in cells A and B cells 26 to 44 as left over from the previous order.
5. The invoice sheet, once completed, will need a macro button to send to pdf then to save and send to email and print.
6. Save needs to save both the first order sheet and the invoice sheet under one name for filing and retrieval purposes.I hope this make sense?
Regards, John

Thank you John. Please give me some time to check on your Excel file and your required results.

Regards,

Jess

Hi Jess,
How are you going with my request. Its been over a week now?
Regards, John
Hi Jess,
If you are having trouble completing my request please let me know and I will put it out to others to try. I really need this done soon.
Thanks, John

Sorry for the delay. Here are some clarification:

1. Check that all cells formulas are working

Sheet 1 has formulas, all working. Invoice has no formulas.

- What is the source for INVOICE data? You need to fill out the invoice sheet, Excel calculates figures, then save it as a SEPARATE file? And once the INVOICE is saved as a separate file, that is what you meant by "order is completed" and you will DEDUCT the ordered quantity to the stock or inventory in Sheet 1?

-I don't understand this completely. Is this what I mentioned above? Are you saying that when the INVOICE is generated and saved as a separate file, you need Sheet 1 to be UPDATED (stocks in the previous invoice will be deducted) for use in the next invoice?

-Covered above.

6. Save needs to save both the first order sheet and the invoice sheet under one name for filing and retrieval purposes.

Hi Jess,
point 1. all good.
point 2. the macro button in the first sheet (sheet 1) is used once the first sheet is finished with an order. You press the macro button and it automatically opens the second sheet. Once in the second sheet, the invoice is generated according to the figures in the first sheet (the total cost and number of flowers used etc.) but this invoice sheet also needs to be edited by the person doing the order. Also, as there may be flowers left over when finishing with the invoice, these left overs will need to show in a new sheet 1 (new order). After completing the final invoice stage, the sheet 1 order and invoice will need to be saved to a separate file for record keeping.
Point 3. Yes, I need the new order to include any left over flowers, but also allow the person to update with new flowers etc as per the capabilities of the first sheet. The new order will also show a blank invoice (sheet 2).
Point4. covered above.
Point 5. and 6. agreed.
Please let me know if still confused :-)

Ok one more clarification.

On the first sheet it is called the template. What cells will take the order? Are those in column C? or in column F?

And what data or information from from sheet 1 will be transferred to the INVOICE sheet?

I suggest that you give me a sample file with sheet 1 being filled out for ordering, and what are the data to be transferred in the INVOICE sheet so that I can start from there.

Hi Jess. Please find attached the spreadsheet with an order as an example. Please note the invoice fields need to be left editable as each order will have different items and different customers. The only thing to come across from the first sheet will be the total fee charged.
In the first sheet, Columns A, B, C, D, and F with a pale ivory colour (in fact all cells with an pale ivory colour are editable by the user) are to be editable by the user. The other cells and fields I intend locking down. So, the above columns are editable by the user as well as cells M 26, 27, 28, 29 and 32. Cells B 26 through to B 44 is where the left over flowers are to appear. These left over flowers can show in the current order sheet and in the new order template but can be deleted by the user if required.

Now with that sample order, HOW do you want the Invoice sheet to look? I need to see what data and where these data from sheet 1 are pulled out.

The invoice will look exactly as I have shown you on the second sheet.

I can see the invoice sheet, but I want to see, based on the order info on sheet 1, what are the entries in the invoice so that I can see where to pull them.

The only figure to come across is the total fee charged. The rest of the fields are to be left blank for the user to fill out.

Oh, that is not ideal but can be done too. With Excel, if sheet 1 is complete with information regarding orders, the invoice CAN pull out the data from sheet 1 so that the user only needs to enter the invoice to and delivery address. But if you only want to copy the total fee (O34 in sheet 1) to L46 in Invoice sheet, that will be fine.

For the moment that is all we need. Can you complete the rest of the tasks so I can test it out?
Hi Jess,
One more thing. When the invoice button is pressed at the end and it generates a pdf, to allow to save and print and then refreshes the first page and the invoice for another order while also showing the left over flowers in the bottom left table. I need you to show these left over flowers from that order in a separate columns next to the existing column of left over flowers. This is because as it is now there will be a conflict between flowers left over in the current order showing on the new sheet and the flowers left over from the second order.
Please see attached the latest version of the calculator with the additional cells for the left over flowers
Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 3 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

How can I help you here?

Hello, I have a excel spreadsheet that I need some help with. It is a cost calculator and invoice system for my wife's new business. it has two sheets. The first sheet is a costing calculator which is pretty much completed but needs a button for the user to push and automatically take them the second sheet where they generate the invoice. The only data to come across from the first sheet is the total fee to be charged which is located in cell O34. this goes into cell H37 on the second sheet. Once they have filled out the invoice this second sheet needs another macro button that will allow the user to save both sheets in a file they name for their records, then be able to print just the invoice or save as PDF to send to the customer. Once this is done then we need the first sheet (calculator) to represent with the original data deleted and ready for another new order for calculating in the first sheet and a new invoice. One issue we also need is to have any left over flowers from the first order to show in the next new order in the table on the bottom left. This second order starts the whole process over again. Are you able to do this for me.

This is a small invoicing application. To keep all history records, you need at least one more sheet for all details. Actually, the best way to do this is not with Excel, it is a job for Microsoft Access.

I need to work with excel as the first step is using a calculator. Please see the attached spreadsheet. The first sheet has the calculator and the second sheet has the invoice.
I understand this is difficult for you to do, so can you at least insert a macro pdf button on the invoice sheet near the cell H37 that allows the user to save the sheet(invoice) as a PDF on my desktop. I will have to work out the other features myself.

Sorry, I can't be available on this question in recent two days. I opt out for now and see if other experts can help. I will come back once the question is still outstanding there in two days. Sorry for any inconvenience.