Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

A year ago we hosted a Japanese family. Prior to their

Customer Question
A year ago we...

A year ago we hosted a Japanese family. Prior to their arriving, I used Google Search to find a listing of words from English-Japanese to communicate some basics with them. Ever since anytime I use Google for search it displays Japanese characters. How can I clean that up? I don't want to see that. Thanks

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

Microsoft Windows 10 op system; Google Search is what has created my problem

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

To what?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/28/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Ameen Khan, Computer Technician replied 2 months ago
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I will do my best to help you today.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

To help me better assist you, please tell me if after searching on Google, is the search result showing you everything in Japanese characters? or Just a suggestion when you type. Thanks

I get the options I've asked for, but underneath is the Japanese characters. They are also in other places on the page I'm on during the session.
I'd rather not secure connect if we can do it another way.
Do you work for Microsoft?

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it. That is sent automatically by the system.

Okay, ignoring it.

I work for JustAnswer, we are experts in our fields. I am an IT professional. Let me give you some steps to try first. Be back shortly.

Are you working on a solution?

Which browser are you using, Chrome or Internet Explorer?

Crome

Okay, Lets try these steps first and then let me know how it goes.

1. On your computer, go to the Search settings page. (https://www.google.com/preferences)
  2. On the left, click Languages.
  3. Choose your language settings - You can pick English
  4. At the bottom of the page, click Save.
It is all in Japanese. Can’t read it
You thete?
There?

Hmm, that will be tricky. Some how we need to manage and change it to English. Once we do that, the language should be in English. Let me know if you need remote help. Thanks

are you saying the only solution is doing secure remote assistance? Can't you research and respond to me? I don't like letting anyone into my system.

Remote is an option as I can quickly change it for you in a few seconds. If you are comfortable on your own then thats fine. Those were the steps I gave you, you need to choose English from that screen.

Everything there is in Japanese, so I can't read it to select English. That's the problem.
  2. On the left, click Languages.

Let me know if you have any questions

If you are interested in remote fix, you just have to start the session, rest I will fix for you.

Following up to see if the steps worked for you. Thanks

All in Japanese. Can't read to select anything like languages. To heck with it.

I can easily fix it for you with remote support. Thanks.