Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I am trying to open a document on Word Reader it is telling…

I am trying to...

I am trying to open a document on Word Reader it is telling failed I have not purchased it yet. How do I purchase it?

Technician's Assistant: Which programs (name and version) are you experiencing this issue with?

Windows 10...lol..can you one into my computer and I need to purchase it?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried the Repair option, found through Windows' Control Panel? (If that option isn't showing up, the Microsoft Office Expert can help find it in a moment.)

Ok dumb here..lol

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

No I guess I need that template sent to me it says DOC...then I get that message

3/27/2018
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today!

Have you been able to open DOC files in the past?

ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
No

Okay, I see that you have requested remote assistance.

Give me just a minute so I can get some instructions for you to get me connected.

Ok

Okay, in order to get me connected, here's what I need from you on your end.

Click on the following link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=29cf42eb-1150-4eaf-bc7f-8809e93db040

When the next page opens up, click the green I Agree button. This should download a small program called Elsinore.Screenconnect.

Run that program and say Yes/OK to all security prompts and it should then connect me.

I am on my phone did you send me an email with the link?

If you check your e-mail, you should see an e-mail with a link that will get you to this chat on your computer.

So try to bring up this chat on your computer and let me know when you've done that.

I see 4 emails from you which one do I click on? Or could you send again?

The e-mails are sent by me directly, but you'll probably see one more that says "You've received an answer" or something along those lines.

Any of those should have the link to the chat.

ok it says run do i click on that?

After you clicked I Agree?

ok I did now at the bottom it says Run Save or Cancel

Click Run and then click OK/Yes to any security prompts.