Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I reactivated my Microsoft Office 365 with Geek squad,,

Customer Question
I reactivated my Microsoft...

I reactivated my Microsoft Office 365 with Geek squad,, March 22, 2018, Apparently the payment information has not reached Microsoft. I am unable to use programs. Ive enter a key code from my original purchase, and I gert a message that the code is already in use. Please help

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

Power Point

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

No, except I am extremely unhappy as I am working on a big project

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/27/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Michael T,
 replied 25 days ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

Do you have a microsoft 365 account that you can log into?

How exactly did the geek squad do this?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I have a membership number on my invoice. MS599203962974545712. When I renewed mu Geek Squad contract, the agent that I spoke with also renewed my Microsoft 365, which expired on March 22. The renewal was on this date. I paid GS by cc for the renewal and understood that they would past on the payment information to MS Office. There appears to be a glitch, as I unable to use MS, and I rec' a message to reactivate. I am completely closed off from using any MS programs.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
OKAY
Microsoft Office Technician: Michael T,
 replied 25 days ago

Ok I hate to be a downer here but if you have a contract with the geek squad, you should take advantage of it...

I would gladly take your money and help you but I want you to know first that we have no affiliation with best buy or the geek squad

As long as you understand that I will gladly continue with you

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Thanks, ***** ***** return to Geek Squad. Are you telling me that Geek Squad is not authorize to take a payment to reactivate MS Office. One solution that the agent offered was for you to assign me a new product key code.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
OKAY. Do you have an answer for my question>
Microsoft Office Technician: Michael T,
 replied 25 days ago

No, I am just telling you that we have no power over your situation at all...

We are not affiliated with Microsoft or Best buy so we cannot help you with anything they have done with you.....

Microsoft Office Technician: Michael T,
 replied 25 days ago

The Geek Squad are the only ones that can tell you how they set it up and why it isnt working.....

I could take a look but it may not lead to a solution since they are the ones that did this and I have no idea what they did

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
THANKS, Goodbye Question, who are you. I logged into Microsoft.com
Microsoft Office Technician: Michael T,
 replied 25 days ago

Just Answer, a paid technical support site.... These are issues we do deal with on a daily basis....

I just feel like you thought you was talking to Microsoft and I wanted to be honest from the start...

Microsoft Office Technician: Michael T,
 replied 25 days ago

Now ive been thinking about your problem here.... Have you actually signed into your microsoft programs with your microsoft account?

Even though it is activated, if you dont sign in, they wont let you use them

Please advise

NewITZone
NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast