Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Last week when I was working on a Word document a pop up…

Customer Question
Last week when I...

Last week when I was working on a Word document a pop up appeared thanking me for installing M/S Office Home & Student 2013. Activation is requested to authenticate this copy of M/S Office.and if I don't within 27 days the product becomes unlicensed. I replaced 2013 version with Office 2016 because when M/S did an update I could no longer use my wireless connection (could with my Ipad) and in the process of trying to correct the problem I accidentily deleted all apps, I had misplaced my registration # therefore I purchased Office Home & Student 2016, & why do I keep getting this pop up every time I start working a Word doc. and it tells me that the product becomes unlicensed in 27 days, is that so? If not, what do I do?

Technician's Assistant: Which programs (name and version) are you experiencing this issue with?

It only appears when using Word 2013

Technician's Assistant: Is your Word file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

I have many questions since installing Office 2016, but lets just deal with this problem

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/26/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Cris, Computer Systems Analyst replied 4 months ago
Cris
Cris, Computer Systems Analyst

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

It appears you still have Office 2013 installed and it is your default software to open Office documents. Have you tried to uninstall Office 2013?

I don't know as I had a person who looks after my computer do it.

I see, if you like I can offer remote support and look into the issue for you. This would be the best way to find a solution quickly w/o user error.

I'm not paying, lets stop this now and refund my deposit

OK, you will pay more money to have someone do the something.