Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I try to create solver in excel but it shows some

notifications such as "Cannot run...
I try to create solver in excel but it shows some notifications such as "Cannot run Solver.XLAM. The macro may not available or disable. Compile error: Solvercode"
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

did you actually install the add-on?

Should we set up a remote session and work through this together?

yah sure
Hi are you still there?
Sergil Cave
Sergil Cave, Office Subject Matter Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been assigned to your case. It looks like Macro's havent been enabled. Perform the following steps to make sure macros have been enabled:

1. Within Excel, click on the File Tab (located on the upper left hand side)

2. Look for Options and click on that, it should be located on the green bar on the left hand side of the screen

3. Within Options, look for Trust Center and click on that

4. Within that click on Trust Center Settings .... button located under Microsoft Excel Trust Center on the right hand side

5. Look for Macro Settings and click on Enable all macros and then click OK.

Let me know how this goes or if you already tried these steps. Thanks!

ok no problem

The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

do you have teamviewer installed, it is a remote software program.

https://www.teamviewer.us/downloads/

when installing if it asks , say it is for personal use, as that is free

let me know when you have in installed and running

should i choose installation to access this computer?

it is easiest just to install it, but the single time run works too if you want

ok
can i have your id, please?
here is my id 768 100 795

i need your pw too in the same area

4422
hello, can u connect to my computer again please?

i got booted out, let me know when the install is completed, I think it will be about antother 15 to 20 minutes for it to complkete

it completed

i need to take a break for dinner now, can I connect back with you in an hour

see you later. I have dinner too
hi! I am done

i need about 10 more minutes

are id and pw still the same

oh yes

ok back

ok we will continue

what is pw

it is 4422
Hi, the issue cannot be solved but I find out that maybe the issue come from Trusted Publisher

maybe you installed an addon or something that interfered with it.

Anyway, I did all I could to help you resolve this, I think this is an internal microsoft problem now.

Maybe this is a bug they are aware of and maybe they have a patch for it or something.

You can say you did a repair, a full reinstall, followed all directions on their forumn.

Hopefully they have a solution.