Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Microsoft performed a 'reset' on my computer. I lost outlook…

Customer Question
Microsoft performed a 'reset'...

Microsoft performed a 'reset' on my computer.

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

I lost outlook and all my emails Also lost is Microsoft OFFICE and all associated files On Jan 20 I paid the $69.00 to renew my licenses.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Outlook?

I have been badly treated by microsoft

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Outlook?

Outlook has been wiped off my computer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I need my email files restored

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/26/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 3 months ago
Elgin Vega

Hi, my name is***** will try my best to help you with this request.

If your e-mails was saved in a PST file in the computer those files were probably deleted when you reset the computer, Unless you save the PST file in a different partition.

Do you know where the PST file was stored?

I do not know what a PST file is.
I do know that important email files are (apparently) lost.
Is Microsoft going to reimburse me
for the loss?
In addition to Outlook many other files were wiped out.
What is my redress?
***** ***** s
I have already been debited $31 plus $5.
You want an addition $39?
For WHAT ?
 replied 3 months ago

Ignore the secure remote assistance pop up.

PST stands for "Personal Storage Table", Is a file where outlook store emails locally in the computer.

I don't think Microsoft will reimburse for the loss, as they states that the data is customer responsibility.

If that's an important file we can try to get the loss data using a software that can recover the PST and other files.

I cant warranty that it will work 100%, but we can give a try.

Its up to you

Elgin
I had to make a decision since your
answer above is quite tentative
Please close service request and refund the $31 plus the $5.
***** *****
Just give me a refund ($31)
***** *****
 replied 3 months ago

To get a full refund use this link

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0