Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have a very listing of alumni names from several sources.

Customer Question
I have a very...

I have a very long listing of alumni names from several sources. I would like my excel spreadsheet to show me if the name I am typing already exists in that column. It did for awhile and then it stopped as I saved the list, added, saved, etc. Now it is not showing all of the "Conrad" or 'Borgmeyer" names as I type a new Conrad or Borgmeyer.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

OS X Version 10.9.5

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Excel?

My machine has Office 2011

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't believe so.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/26/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. What is the size of your Excel file?
  2. Has this problem just started recently? I mean, the file was not new, you regularly modify it, and it worked before then suddenly stopped. Is that correct?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

I'm up to 856 entries. At 600 or so it was still giving me a list of the names as I typed them starting with Mr. Or Miss.
There must be a more simple answer than $40. I'm a teacher and cannot afford to spend the school's money like this. I was willing to spend $5, but not $40.

I am very sorry about the confusion. From my end, I can see that you paid a deposit of $40.70, not just $5. Questions/requests posted in our site cost an average of $39, not $5.

If you think this is not what you want to pay, I respect that and you can have your money back since we guarantee our service.

Here is the link about refunding:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess