NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I encrypted a document using 2007Word. The correct password

Customer Question

i encrypted a document using 2007Word. The correct password ***** not open this same document on what is now 2010Word on my PC. I am desperate to access this document. Please help
JA: When could you last open your Word?
Customer: I have no problem using Word, including today.
JA: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?
Customer: The 2010Word version was downloaded several months ago by Microsoft. I found it had happened one morning.
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I desperately need to access this document.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Cody replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Cody replied 7 months ago.

you open the document and it won't accept your password?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
correct
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
correct. The password ***** ***** I have not tried to open the document since I encrypted it until I tried yesterday and today. Note that 2010word was downloaded to my PC by Microsoft in the interim. The document was created on 2007Word. You will note tht other consumers have had the same problem. My local IT person has software that was not able to get through the encryption. The encryption I used was via Microsoft.
Expert:  Cody replied 7 months ago.

can you upload file here https://uploadfiles.io/

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am not comfortable doing this without some information if you have had experience with this same problem before and if you have any confidence that you can bypass the password. There is high sensitive information on this file that I am highly reluctant to share.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ARE YOU STILL THERE? I am getting repeated Fraud alerts from my Chase bank. Are your surprised?