Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I can't open word documents to get an important document. I…

Customer Question
I can't open word...

I can't open word documents to get an important document. I recently upgraded to windows 10, but a Microsoft person I talked to said Microsoft no longer supports Microsoft Office 2010.

Technician's Assistant: Which programs (name and version) are you experiencing this issue with?

My problem, according to a Microsoft person I talked to earlier and referred me to your website, is that I cannot open a word document. It says I have to activate my product key or get a new one. I don't know what my product key is. Also, the Microsoft person said that Microsoft Office 2010 is no longer supported by Microsoft. In short, I was simply trying to open a word document and could not without getting a new product key.

Technician's Assistant: When you right-click your Word file, do you get the option to "Restore previous versions"?

It says there are no previous versions available.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Just simply want to open my documents.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/24/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 4 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?