Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I used to be able to print envelopes in Word. Now I can't. I…

Customer Question
I used to be...

I used to be able to print envelopes in Word. Now I can't. I choose "mailings" then "envelope". The mailing address is there. I type in my return address (there must be a way to save that info so I don't have to type it in each time but I don't know how -- that's a separate problem). I verify that the paper selected is envelope, then I hit print. It prints not in envelope format, but as if it were a standard sheet of paper. What do I need to do to fix this?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Word?

Yesterday

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Word?

Mostly just repeating what I used to o, back when it worked. Doing all the things I mentioned before

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/24/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. What version of MS Word are you using -- 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

I don't know the year. It says it's version 16.11.1. I'm running it on a Mac. Mind you, it used to work fine, then it just stopped. I was frustrated. Then I got an automatic update notice (that included Word) and so I hoped the update would help. It did not.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($10) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

No, I don't want to pay more than I am. Just tell me what to do
What happened? Where did you go? Did you bail on me because I don't want remote help?

Thank you for writing back and I understand and respect your decision regarding remote access.

Can you please provide screenshots of your screen showing the following information to help you further?

1. The print dialog box showing your options
  2. Or just capture the screens right BEFORE you hit Print for actual printing

I want to see what is on your screen so that I can help you better.

Thank you,

Jess

How do I take a screen shot, and how do I get it to you?

How to capture screenshot in Mac:

https://support.apple.com/en-ph/HT201361

You can use the Add Files button in the reply box to attach the screenshots on your replies. Or you can upload them in the file sharing site below, and just tell me when you have done so:

www.filesXpress.com

Thank you.

Jess