Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I am trying to set up email so I can send an attachment

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to set up email so I can send an attachment through publisher 2003. An email screen opens but there is no send button. How can I correct this.

Technician's Assistant: What type of file are you trying to attach (e.g. Word documents, pictures, etc.), and how large is the file?

It is a customized tri-fold brochure templet I set up.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to attach a file or send an email?

Yes, the messages request that I recheck my email settings (I did), that the recipient must have Publisher to open the document, etc.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

There isn't a send button on the email page even though it opens up.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/24/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 1 month ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

What email program are you using to work with Publisher 2003?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Outlook

Outlook 2003?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Outlook formally Hotmail
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Outlook formally HotmailYes, 2003

It seems you are referring to outlook.com, which is a webmail portal like Hotmail.

You have to use a local email program to do that.

So do you mean you got whole Office 2003 installed on your Windows computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've had it for some time. How do I set up a local portal? I've gone to properties, but there isn't anything on the menu that allows for that.

It seems a remote session is require to determine what you have installed the work out a solution what you can do. Please request it from your side. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cost? The last time this was done, I was ripped off for several hundred dollars...not going to happen again.

$39 USD fixed price on top of what you have paid for this question page.

> I was ripped off for several hundred dollars.

Really?! Here at JustAnswer? I am wondering if you were referring to other sites.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It was a Microsoft site...anyway, the 5 is supposed to be refundable.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've clicked on the securely connect button twice but nothing is happening. Forget it, thanks anyway.

> It was a Microsoft site...

I guess it was not Microsoft. It should be a scam, with someone who claimed they were Microsoft. MS does not do things like that.

> anyway, the 5 is supposed to be refundable.

If this is your first time here, I would like to go over a few things:

1. Please be aware that you are using JustAnswer, a paid service providing professional support with guaranteed quality. This is not a service for $5 (your deposit). Please advise if you want to continue or not. Thanks.
  2. You may see an offer for a phone call or remote support for an extra fee, this is not from me, by the site automatically. If you think it is unnecessary or unrelated for your question, please disregard it.

I am a technician here for your technical challenges only. As I have no any access to your billing info, please speak with JustAnswer Customer Services for any of your billing concerns.

JustAnswer Customer Services

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

However, I can offer the same service from my side.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There seems to be an issue as I have to go back and forth to my email to get a response. Thanks anyway.

Do you still need help here?

NewITZone
NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast