Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I upgraded Microsoft Word and Excel two days ago. Have not…

Customer Question
I upgraded Microsoft Word...

I upgraded Microsoft Word and Excel two days ago. Have not been able to open Word since then. I have the Suite. It is a subscription -- I think I pay for it yearly. I work on an iMac which is less than a year old. I am using High Sierra 10.13.3

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Word?

Two days ago, before installing the upgrade. Excel is working fine.

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

I upgrade when notified there is an upgrade available, but I have not upgraded my OS recently.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

There was a message on my phone answering machine this morning. It was a recording so I didn't get all of it. It was from Alexender Tech and they were warning me that I could have my computer shut down and lose all of my data. They mentioned Microsoft Word. I assumed that was phony.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/23/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

Ok it is possible you have a virus planted on your machine

Companies will do this to your computer then cold call you to pay them money usually to fix it

Its a total scam..... It is possible that if you run the malwarebytes scanner that it could find this virus and remove it allowing your word to function again as normal