Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have a MacBook and I was writing my essay on Microsoft…

I have a MacBook...

I have a MacBook and I was writing my essay on Microsoft word, then when I was trying to click the document the option of "Remove from recent" came up and I clicked it and my file deleted and I wanted to know if their was a way I can get back that document?

Technician's Assistant: If you open your Word document and go to File -> Revert To, do you get the option to "Browse All Versions"?

I can't find the "revert to" option

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

No just how to get my document back

3/22/2018
Richard, Software Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

If you removed it fro recent it should only remove it from the list, not from the actual computer.

Do you know where exactly on the mac you saved it?

Please let me know

I am not sure where I saved it on my Mac, I don't think I saved it on the Mac, does it save it automatically from Microsoft word?

Was this the first time you ever started work on the document? Or you had worked on it previously?

Yesterday was the first time I actually started it

ok, and do you recall ever actually saving it via either the file menu or CMD + S

No I just saved it on Microsoft word, and I knew it was saved on there cause I would click save after finishing it

ok, then it is on your Mac, open Finder, and go to documents and you should see it there to open.

Let me know how you go please

Richard, Software Specialist
It's not there, do you think it was deleted from the whole Mac?

If you saved it it will be somewhere on the Mac, please do a search for it in finder under the name you gave it when you saved it

Okay even if I still clicked the “remove from recent” button it will still be in my Mac?

yes, that is just the recent list, it does not delete the document

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Thank you so much! If we can continue from here that would be great!

of course, no problem

But I have looked everywhere in my trash can as well as my finder and I can't really find it

It will be there, you just need to ensure you are searching on the correct name.

IF you did indeed save it and you did not delete it it will be somewhere on your mac

Okay thank you so much I'm sure it is on my Mac I just need to keep looking, once again thank you!