Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Microsoft Word will not update on my computer. It gets so…

Microsoft Word will not...

Microsoft Word will not update on my computer. It gets so far and then it says that issues need to be fixed. I select "fix issues" and it seem to fix them. Then I wait for a very long time for to prepare and down load before it says it needs to fix issues again. It just goes in that cycle again and again.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Word?

Hmm. Let me check.. hang on..

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Word?

Oh I'm sorry, it's not Word its Windows that is not upgrading. I am not sure when it was updated last. The update history goes back to 1/11/2018. Before that there were multiple messages that said to restart to finish. However I restart my computer often.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

The Windows version attempting to upload is 1709. My computer is VERY sluggish.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?

Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
you may.

go here to connect me; https://tinyurl.com/ycpcfgng
This will download a file named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client
Double click on this file to run it and connect me remotely.

Did the file connect?

yes

Are you still there Cody?

yes still working on it, it'll take some time to apply the update

Okay. Thanks. I really appreciate your help!
The update is now at 89 percent.

ok

Can close this now.

everything look good? ok