Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I cannot find my MS word document I worked on all day. MS…

I cannot find my...

I cannot find my MS word document I worked on all day

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

MS Word - I think 10.- - not sure - how do I look up version>

Technician's Assistant: Have you updated Word recently?

No, not that i can thinkof

3/21/2018
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Are you using Windows or Mac?

As far as you remember, did you actually save the file once or multiple times though you didn't where Word saved the file to?

I am using Windows. I saved it multiple times. I just saw it somewhere in Word and tried to acces it and it said it was not there

I see. Please open Windows Explorer from Windows Start button then try searching for the given filename (suppose you know the filename) from the Search Bar at upper-right corner of Windows Explorer.

Please let me know it goes. Thanks.

bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
r u there?

Thanks for requesting remote assistance. I am preparing the connection link for you.

Please click HERE from your Windows computer to start a remote session with me. Thanks.

Done. Missing files were identified in system temporary folder via the remote session. Correct way to download and open files from the Internet was also instructed via the session.