Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have a word document that has a large gap that I CANNOT…

Customer Question
I have a word...

I have a word document that has a large white gap that I CANNOT get rid of. I tried looking at formatting, there is nothing there. There is no hidden image or table. There is no page break. But I have to send this document asap and I cannot send it with that gap.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Word file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope but What is the fee for this service?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/21/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

ummmm I have a Dell using Word 2016
Can you not help with Microsoft Windows issues?

Yes. is this issue only occurring with one particular document? Can you attach the document here?

Here you go
The issue is on the 3rd page

I have fixed your document. Please click on the attachment link below and check:

But now the formatting has changed....

Can you please try this:

1. Open your original document.
  2. On the third page, click the cursor at the top left of the third page, i.e., click in front of the word TM.
  3. Press the Backspace key on the computer's keyboard.

- Does that work?

Please let me know. Thank you.

No. The issue is the 3rd page, where it says Norwood. The document you sent me got rid of the blank space and then messed up ALL of my formatting.
TM Forum is pg 2 which is fine

Norwood is on page 4.

Can you try in your original document with the 3-steps above in front of both TM and Norwood?

Can I connect remotely to your computer and show you directly?
Thank you.

strange - on my computer there are only 3 pages.....

Open your original document (not my document), where it has the big blank space, does the original document show 3 or 4 pages?

The original document shows 3 pages. The big space is on page 3 above Norwood.
When you 'fixed' it, it changed all of my formatting and I cannot go back and change that all back at this stage
  1. Open your original document.
  2. On the third page, click the cursor at the top left of the third page, i.e., click in front of the word Norwood.

- Does that delete the blank space? Thank you.

No. It just moves it up to the previous pg deleting nothing

Sorry, let's try this:

1. Create a new document.
  2. Copy only the part before Norwood (but not the big blank space) to the new document.
  3. Copy from the Norwood to the end to the new document.

Please let me know. Thank you.

It copies without the space above it (but loses the formatting)
At this stage I am thinking I have to give up on this one....

Let me research on this and I will get back to you within an hour. Is it okay?

Sure. But I will have to go to bed. It is too close to midnight here.
A friend of mine took one look and fixed it in seconds, so the problem is now resolved. Thank you.

Sorry, I was researching on the issue, and I got it now. Here it is:

I can write the solution steps for you, so you can fix it yourself next time if it happens again. Would you like me to show you? And do you need help with anything else? Thank you for your patience.