Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I hit wrong button and Word icon disappeared. Computer is…

I hit wrong button...

I hit wrong button and Word icon disappeared

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Word?

Computer is relatively new-about 3 months old

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to know how to get it back and access my Word documents

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

May I ask which button you hit that caused this problem? If you don't recall, that is okay. Please, update me in any case.

- Jason

I hit what I think was the pin icon

Thank you for responding. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Jason Jones, Computer Technician

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

You must run the application below on a computer. It will not work on any phone or tablet.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 04
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.

jASON, I am sorry but nothing seems to be working?

After you download the remote application file, you must open it and allow it to run.

I see that you are having some sort of problem running the remote on your computer.

Let's try this another way.

Go to the following page: http://ultraviewer.net/en/download.html
- On the page that comes up, click the orange Download button for the "INSTALL (EXE) option, download, and open that file.
- A file will be downloaded. Save that file and open it.
- After you run UltraViewer, it will give you an ID and Password. I need for you to give me the ID and Password ***** it shows you.
Please, give me both of the ID and password.
Keep in mind that you must keep the program running for me to connect. For this reason, please do not close it.

Are you still with me?

Please post a message on this page when you available and ready to continue.

Thank you,

Jason