Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Can't get ,email towork after loading windows 10. Keep

Customer Question
Can't get ,email towork...

Can't get ,email towork after loading b windows 10. Keep telling me the my. server does not support the encryption type

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Outlook

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Desktop and tablet and phone. My table can't send emails but it recieves.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I just loaded windows on the desk top

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/19/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist

Hello there this means you are setting your email app to use TLS on port 587 or SSL on port 465 for the smtp (sending) server.

Try using 587 with no encryption (no TLS) or change the port to 25 with no encryption.

Still didn't work
No thank you.

hello what is showing as the smtp server information please?

Is this tablet connected to your home wifi?

I am confused are you saying you can't send using your desktop & phone but not your tablet or all of them?

None of my devices will allow me to email. My desk top was recently loaded with 10. It worked for few days. Ill go back to the shop that fixed my hard drive. Only reason i paid to ask you is because it was late and weekend.

Hello having Windows 10 doesn't make any difference especially if none of your devices can send email.

Please check that you haven't set the smtp server requires authentication tick box in Outlook.

If rebooting your modem/router (unplug from the electric and plug it back in) doesn't work then you need to look at your Internet provider as maybe your account has been blocked to send emails for some reason.