Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

My Dell crashed due to a storm. how do I transfer my Office…

Customer Question
My Dell crashed due...

My Dell crashed due to a storm. how do I transfer my Office license to my new Dell E6530 with WIndows 10 Pro

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Microsoft Office on an annual payment

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

Word, Excel primarily

Technician's Assistant: Have you updated Word recently?

MS automagically was updating the apps. I need to transfer the license and do not have the S/W since I downloaded it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

No I think that is all excep for my personal details they will need to solve the problem.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/18/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 4 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

Did you purchase Office on the online Microsoft Store or at a different location?

Online MS store
This has nothing to do with my computer except it died. I need the license and S/W for office transferred to the Dell I am contacting you from.

Thank you for responding. In that case, you can log into your Microsoft account on the following page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/b/home

- After you log in, click the "Circle" icon on the top right of the page and click "View Purchase History".

- On the page that comes up, click the "View all purchases option".

- Next to the Office item, click "Install Office" and follow the instructions to install office. When you do that, it will show you the product key, if needed.

If need be, you can choose to DeRegister the previous installation.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible. I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Thank you,
***** *****