Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have windows 10. MS fax has been turned on. How do I

configure an account in Windows...
I have windows 10. MS fax has been turned on. How do I configure an account in Windows Fax and Scan?
3/18/2018
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Does your Windows 10 computer have modem equipped and its driver installed?
I think the driver is installed but modem equipment, not sure about. Is it for a phone line, if so, I need to look for an online program. If that is the case, do you have recommendation for program very minimal use that is free? I had efax for ten years or more. But $16.95 got too expensive and there was too much spam. thank you. Gordon
I started off with the efax for free and liked it and got the paid version couple months later. I want to cut costs

MS Fax on Windows 10 has nothing to do with eFax app you used before. MS Fax is design for working with you phone line to replace your traditional fax machine, while other apps online are for sending fax over the Internet (they are virtual fax as they don't use phone line).

Which kind of fax do you need?

I was just giving you some my history with Efax. It got too expensive and so I’m trying to trim my costs by using the Microsoft fax application on my computer. I thought Microsoft application might work on the Internet as opposed to needing a telephone line. Thank you for answering my question.

No, Microsoft Fax does not work send / receive fax over the Internet. It just makes your PC as a fax machine and it needs everything your traditional fax machine needs except the paper - hence it does need a phone line and your PC needs to have a built-in modem to plug in the phone line.

Does it make sense now?

bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Perfectly. Thank you so much.
Ok. Thank you.

You are welcome.