Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I accidently lost a file from Word 16 while trying to save…

Customer Question
I accidently lost a...

I accidently lost a file from Word 16 while trying to save an addition to the file. How can I recover the original?

Technician's Assistant: Which programs (name and version) are you experiencing this issue with?

Office Word 16

Technician's Assistant: Is your Word file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/18/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
George Sibiya
George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for utilizing our services

From Word, please try:

File --> Open --> Recent

At the bottom you will see a button named "Recover Unsaved Documents"

Click on it and open the files that will appear and check neither of them is the one you are looking for.

The button referred to is as on the attached

Regards,

G

I assume this has resolved your issue

Please advice if this has did not r

Regards,

G