Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I cannot open an embedded PDF document from an excel

Customer Question
spreadsheet on my MacBook Air...
I cannot open an embedded PDF document from an excel spreadsheet on my MacBook Air
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/18/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: jinsmn, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
jinsmn
jinsmn, Computer Support Specialist
Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Can you open other PDF documents on your MAC? Is it showing any error messages when you are trying to open the embedded PDF?
Cannot start the source application for this object.
no I am happy to do through email
Ignore the Remote support prompts if you don't need remote support. Those messages are automated messages.
OK thanks

Please try the following to resolve your problem.

Open your Adobe Reader Application.

Go to EDIT -> PREFERENCES

On the GENERAL Category UNCHECK the 'Enable Protected Mode at startup' option. You will get warning telling you that you will have to manually restart Reader before it takes effect. Close Reader. Now open EXCEL and check the result.

this option is not available in any category
that is the PDF categories and on excel the only item still ticked on excel privacy is disable all macros without notification

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem?