Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I am trying to open a word document with Word 2016 and it…

I am trying to...

I am trying to open a word document with Word 2016 and it won't open

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Have you rearranged your file folders recently?

No. I purchased the program a couple of days ago

Technician's Assistant: What does your screen look like when you try to open Word?

I am trying to open it from downloads and the screen is normal

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes I want to get it fixed now

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
John, Microsoft Office Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer which is a paid independent Q&A and Tech support providing site. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

Are you getting any error message when you try to open the word document?

Are you using a windows or mac computer ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

I am using Windows and I didn't get an error message

What happens when you try to open this word file also are you able to open word 2016 application ?

No John I have spent too much mo ney on this already

If you are referring to secure remote assistance message it’s not send by me it’s an automated message from the site and it’s optional so you can ignore and continue in this chat page.

Could you please let me know what happens when you try to open this word file also are you able to open word 2016 application ?

trying to open word 2016

OK let me know if you can open it or not.

Not opening the document
No I can't

how did you try to open it ?

Trying to use Word 2016
Just purchased the package on March 13

I understand that but my question is how did you try to open word 2016 application other than by opening the word document file ?

By double clicking on the document. Is that what you mean?

No open it from programs list in start menu.Look for Word 2016 in the list and open it from there.

I tried that too but it didn't work

Is word 2016 listed in the programs list?

it is

In that case i need to access your computer and check it directly for the cause of the issue.I know you cannot afford it but i will do it without additional charge for this time is that OK with you ?

Thanks John. Appreciate it
What do you need me to do

To do remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=f943350a-fee9-406e-8049-a9b91332d6c8 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

I haven't got the access to your computer yet is there any problem opening the link I gave or running the remote support tool?

It has downloaded but not yet opened. Opening now

OK please do.

Do you have access now

Yes and thank you.

Something wrong with the memory?

Memory is too low to open.

What can I do to get more spac3
Space

Please use the remote chat window from now on.

Please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/
Sincerely,

John.

John, Microsoft Office Specialist