Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

How can I retrieve a Word document I accidentally "saved to…

How can I retrieve...

How can I retrieve a Word document I accidentally "saved to Google Chrome"?

Technician's Assistant: Is your Word file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I just need to get this document opened and saved to Documents.

3/17/2018
Kamil Anwar, Office Specialist

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** i will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.

How did you save the Chrome do you see the file?

When I finished a long document in Word, I clicked on Save. Up came some options and I hastily checked the box Always Save and clicked on Google Chrome. I have never seen that box before and I really wanted to save to Documents! It shows up in Documents, but I am unable to open it.
No. Please just give me the answer.
Can you just walk me through it?

Trying let me figure out what you did exactly

Were you editing this document online?

Not online. I was just writing it in Microsoft Word 2010 offline.
Are you there?

You cant save to Google Chrome this is why it is confusing.

Can you look at the save options again and tell me what options do you see in relation to saving as Google Chrome?

CANCEL NOW or I will shut you down.

You can cancel it by mailing***@******.*** but i am not sure why you want to cancel. However, cancellation is not an issue just send an email and it'll be cancelled.

Kamil Anwar, Office Specialist

Please click the link below and run/open the program

https://www.fastsupport.com/815758175

NO CHARGE OF $39!!! CANCEL MY ORDER rebeccafield**@*****