Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I am using Microsoft Office 365 as part of the University of…

I am using Microsoft...

I am using Microsoft Office 365 as part of the University of Massachusetts system. I have been using MS PowerPoint for 15 years and never had a problem (I teach Microbiology to B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. students) after making many, many PowerPoint presentations. I have one now that is 17.5 MB with 59 slides. It has lots of graphics (but most of my PPS presentations do), but I have lots bigger ones (40 MB, 180 slides) that run as quick as you can click. This one is so pathetically slow that it is functionally useless. I have already shrunk the file size, removed cropped boarders, etc. What can I do to get this to run faster, if anything? I am using a MacPro desktop to create and a MacAir to show, but I have also done this for a decade . . .

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

IOS 10.13.2, 2.9GHz, Intel Core i5. It is a late 2013 purchased machine, fully updated

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far to uninstall your PowerPoint?

I have not tried to "uninstall"

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of?

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/17/2018
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

> This one is so pathetically slow that it is functionally useless.

Do you mean this is one slides file causing problem for you? Details please or just simply upload it here for review? Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, what I meant to say was that "I have no idea why this PPS does not work because it only has 59 slides" I do not know if the file for one slide or some or all is causing the problem. I also have tried to upload the PPS but can find no instructions as to how to do that. Tell me how to use this service in that way and I will give the PPS to you to look at.

PPS file can't be recognised by the site by default. Please compress it into a ZIP file, then it can uploaded here.

Thanks for the effort.

Have you uploaded the PPS file compressed in ZIP format? Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you have a reply ?????>

Hello, I am in a remote session, will be back with you shortly. Thanks for your patience.

Okay, FYI I haven't seen your uploaded file here. Are you sure you have successfully upload the ZIP file?

Uploaded?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have tried everything I can think of to upload this ZIP file (drag onto text reply, click “add files”, etc.), what next?

I guess it was caused by the large size, not allowed to this site.

Can you please simply upload it to other online storage such as OneDrive, Dropbox, or Google Drive and share a link with for downloading now? Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have bought dropbox and installed it. I have the file in a zipfile format. To whom do I email it?

Please just upload the your file to Dropbox and share the file link here. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Having no idea of how o use an application I bought today for this purpose, all that I can see from Dropbox is that I need your email to share items.

mmm.... I guess we need a remote session now, then you no need to worry about how to upload the files and I will see your computer screen and manage everything including review your PowerPoint files and upload it Dropbox if it is still necessary.

Okay, I am currently in another session. Do you mind I accept your request now and start the session in one hour, hopefully in 30 mins? Please advise.

bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Fine. Let's make it in 1 hour. My time 7:16pm as it is 6:16pm now.

Thanks for requesting remote assistance service. Let's start it in one hour.

I am ready for you. Are you using a Mac computer for the remote session?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The same as yesterdy. 10.13.2

Please download QuickSupport software from below link on your Mac, then advise the TeamViewer ID and password ***** downloaded and installed.

https://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
IUD 724 820 408
Password 1834

All done. Ways to improve the slides performance were given via the remote session.

BTW, as discussed over the phone, please try using your uni email address to log on at office.com, you should be able to get latest version of Office for Windows and Mac for free or at discounted prices for as per Microsoft plans. See below fore more info.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/education/buy-license/overview-of-how-to-buy/default.aspx

bbao
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant