NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

Can you tell me how to write criteria in Access that says

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Can you tell me how to write criteria in Access that says oop
JA: What application are you using?
Customer: 2016
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  bbao replied 8 months ago.

What kind of criteria are you referring to in Access? Conditions of a SQL query?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
In Access 2016 I need criteria that says:If field named [member_ID] associated with a text value of "New Member Done" from the field named [Contact_Type] do not append any records for the member ID that has a value of New Member Done.This query appends a max date of a field named[Contact_Date]If I use <>"New Member Done" for the criteria in the Contact_Type field. I still get the last record that was created for that member with the previous Contact Type.I want nothing to be appended for a member with the Value of New Member Done.Thank you for your help
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you working on this?
Expert:  bbao replied 8 months ago.
but I am outside having no access to my Windows computer at the moment. I need to check it once available on the PC, probably in 1.5 hours. Is it okay for you?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Take your time. I am off until monday. I do need it first thing monday morning though... Please
Expert:  bbao replied 8 months ago.
Thanks.