Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

My background color in word is black. can you help me? last…

My background color in...

My background color in word is black. can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Word?

Last week

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

When i type in word, the letters are white

3/16/2018
Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Does this issue occur in a particular Word documents or in all documents?
Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
What's your Microsoft Office / Word version, such as 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 365, etc.?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

AlIssue happens in all word documents. WIN 10, Word 2007. so, my mozilla webpage is also black. I was able to get my google changed to white except the address bar & bookmark tabs.

I see, so the issue is occurring on all programs. When you shut down / restart the computer, does the screen look fine before you log in the computer?

My login screen & desktop were both black but I managed to change my desktop screen to blue. Originally I had a picture on my login screen but it has completely disappeared as well.

Thank you. Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

I prefer not. Is it that complicated to fix via chat?

With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen. Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. Yes, this issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.

Can you go to Settings > Ease of Access and check the color / contrast / magnify, etc. option there, turn them all off as needed, and check.
Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

I prefer not. I will gladly accept written instructions. You want me to go to Settings from my Start menu?

Yes, please try my suggestion to go into Settings now, Thank you.

You're welcome. Magnifier off.Color filter off.Unsaved theme. background black, text white. I tried several times to reverse the background & text but did not save. How do I turn off color/contrast. Is the color filter turned off sufficient in following your instructions?

Turn off apply color filter, does it work?

Just one minute.

OK, thanks.

Word document still black background, both existing & new word docs..desktop is now light gray.
Mozilla still opens in black

There are other options in Ease of Access, can you make sure they are all off or set to None, then check?

ok. Will do.

OK. Thank you.

My existing & new word word docs are now showing white background.Wonderful. However, Mozilla is still showing black page.

Great. In Mozilla Firefox program, click on the 3-bar icon at upper right corner, then click on Options, then scroll down to Colors option and adjust options there. Thank you.

OK. One minute

OK, please let me know. Thank you for your patience.

I had gotten out of Mozilla after I saw that it was still black. Just now when I went into it, it had changed to white background. I did click on options & scrolled to color & saw that text was indicated as black & background as white. Thank you so very very much.

You're very welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at this page, then click on Submit. Thank you very much for your patience.

Viet -MS Office Tech
Certainly, I will. My trial ends in 7 days, correct? Then after that there is a monthly fee whether I use your services or not, correct? I want to make sure I understand your company's offer.

For trial / subscription subscription questions, please contact our customer service at the website below. Thank you.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for the contact info for your customer service. Thank you again.

You're welcome.