Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I just received a notice from microsoft We detected

I just received a...

I just received a notice from microsoft We detected something unusual about a recent sign-in to the Microsoft account na*****@yahoo.com.
Sign-in details
Country/region: Korea
IP address: 118.33.119.41
Date: 3/15/2018 5:25 AM (CST)
Platform: Mac OS
Browser: Safari

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

Version 19.13.3

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to load Office on my mac. FYI I am in Korea

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It this point, I can only get the Microsoft Office website in Korean ok

3/16/2018
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Is that "na*****@yahoo.com" email account your OWN email account that you used for your Microsoft Account?
  2. How did you get this notification? Is it sent to your Yahoo account?
  3. Are you able to access your Microsoft account in order to download and install your MS Office?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the [email protected] is me. I am communicating with you on a pc, but I also have the mac laptop in front of me. I want to purchase Office for my wife's Mac but I can only see the Microsoft webpage in Korean
And yes it was sent to my yahoo account.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the device that I want Office loaded on is NOT the device I am using to communicate with you
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is anyone there?

Yes I am here. Please give me a moment to type the procedures for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hello?

Thank you for writing back and for your request for Secure Remote Assistance. If the computer is your wife's and if it is ON and working right now, for me to access it remotely, please do these steps on the Mac:

1. Open Safari web browser
  2. Go to this URL: http://tinyurl.com/p9jkj2m
  3. Please make sure that the tail part (/p9jkj2m) of the URL is correct. Then it shall prompt you to download the remote tool.
  4. After downloading, RUN the tool by double clicking it
  5. Then give me the ID and the password ***** Keep the teamviewer window open for me to connect.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am downloading

Thank you. I will wait for the 9-digit ID and password

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this looks like it will take a while...

Yes, please take your time.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It says "Outlook Update 16.11.0 (18031100)"
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
At this rate it looks like this will take over an hour. And the internet here in Seoul is super-fast.??
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Should it be taking this long?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you still on?

The file I asked you to download is TeamViewer. What was the file that you downloaded?

The name of the file that you will be downloading is TeamViewerQS.dmg. Is that what you got? If no, please try typing the URL correctly on your wife's Mac so that you will get the correct file.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I downloaded whatever file the link sent me "Update Office 16.11.0 (18031100).
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I typed the url you sent me
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now what?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hello? Are you there?

You typed it wrong. The file that will be downloaded is TeamViewerQS.dmg

If you did not get the TeamViewerQS.dmg file, then the URL you typed is incorrect.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
give me the url again and stay on line

Please check and double check.

The URL is: http://tinyurl.com/p9jkj2m

The website is: http://tinyurl.com/

The part or identifier that point to the correct file is: p9jkj2m

So you need to type correctly: http://tinyurl.com/p9jkj2m

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
done

Please run the teamviewerqs file, then give me the 9-digit ID and password ***** that I can connect.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I get teamviewerqs
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
password ***** id?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
8404?

That's good! Now, please double click on it to run it. Then it shall show a small window with ID and password.

Yes, that is correct. Thank you. Please give me a moment to connect.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
double click on what?

That digits you gave me is already correct. You already opened it correctly.

But the password ***** ***** Please tell me the correct password ***** shown there on the small window

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
8408 my bad
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
TOYOTA!

I was disconnected since it is a free teamviewer version only. But your page is now in English. Please provide the email address to verify it is you who are accessing the account. Then follow the on screen procedures.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
now what?

Please see my response earlier and let me know how it went. You should be able to access your Microsoft account in order to download and install MS Office. If you are stuck, please let me know. I can remotely access the PC you are using right now so that I can directly show you where to go from there.

For me to remotely access the PC you are using right now so that I can show you right there what needs to be done on the Mac, we need a remote access tool. Please click on the link below, then click on the green I Agree button, then download the remote access tool. After downloading, please run it so that you can join me in the remote session.
Here is the link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=0987e892-5e3f-4925-a8da-2fb93c7a3396

Best regards,
Jess

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what is going on?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It will not send the code to my phone???
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
where are you?

I was kicked out again and will be able to get back after 5 minutes. But we are already on the right path. Please wait for the code to be received on your phone. If you are not receiving it, please use the other option like the Yahoo email. All you need to do is access the Yahoo email and then open the email sent by Microsoft.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
standing by

Are you able to access the Yahoo email? If the phone is not receiving the code, you need to use the Yahoo email instead.

Can we do the remote session on the laptop you are using now?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
in

Here is the link:

Best regards,
Jess

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
on the mac or the pc?

On the PC that you are using now.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
done on both

Oh my.... Did you forget the password ***** your Microsoft account? You are resetting it on the Mac?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
correct

I am disconnected again. Please do not reset now. Instead, reveal the saved password ***** Safari.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it will not let me

Please enter your Mac password ***** on the Safari window to reveal the saved passwords. I will be back on the Mac after 5 minutes.

Or you can follow the procedures I gave you to join me in the remote session using your PC.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not understand. I am back to the TeamViewer id

Yes, please just leave it there and do not close the TeamViewer.

I was asking you to follow the procedures I sent you using your PC so that I can access your PC and show to you HOW to do things on the Mac.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the office password ***** ***** on this laptop.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
still here

Are you saying you cannot access your Microsoft account on the PC?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the Microsoft password ***** ***** on this pc. that is the whole point. i want to put office on this laptop.

Ok. I understand. Give me a moment. When I am back on the Mac, let us try to reveal the saved passwords on Safari.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
did it drop you again?

Kicked out again. Now, please follow the procedures to join me in the remote session on the PC. I can continue working on the Microsoft account there.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what are the procedures?

Here is the link:

Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist