Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

In Publisher, after I have saved a file, and I try to open…

Second opinion] In Publisher...

Second opinion] In Publisher, after I have saved a file, and I try to open it again I get this message."Publisher has detected a problem in the file you are trying to open. To protect your computer, Publisher will not open the file" The only way I can open it again is to download it from the Cloud. Then if I try to save it again on the computer with the same file name it happens (won't open) again. If I save it with another name it usually works but not always.

Technician's Assistant: Which programs (name and version) are you experiencing this issue with?

Office Publisher

Technician's Assistant: Is your Publisher file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

Google Drive

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

Running Windows 10 on a PC

3/16/2018
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

> I have saved a file, and I try to open it again I get this message

Does this happen for all your Publisher files, or just this particular one?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Intermittent but very often, on numerous Publisher files. I have not found a common pattern.

Okay, please upload one of them having the issues for review. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have any right now. I've deleted all the ones that didn't open. I downloaded the copy from Google Drive and saved them with another name. Sorry, I have another project I'm working on right now. I'll have to get back to you later this morning.Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I made a couple of simple changes to this doc and saved it. I immediately tried to open it back up and got the error massage. Here's the file.
This chat won't let me send a pob. file.

Please compress PUB file into ZIP format then upload the ZIP file here. The system doe not recognise PUB file.

On Windows, you may simply right-click on the file then choose "send it to compressed folder" to create the ZIP file.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, here it is!

Got the link, to review it a few hours, as I am outside at the moment having no Publisher installed on my tablet. Thanks for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No problem, I'll be leaving work in a few minutes. Send your response but I'll probably get back to you on Monday. Thanks for your help. Have a good weekend.

I have tested with my Publisher 2013 and 2016, both workable and editable and re-openable.

I am also attaching a modified version in ZIP for your reference.

Therefore, this does suggest it is a system or application specific issue, not document. You may now consider first use Repair Office feature to fix your Office installation.

Please let me know how it goes. Thanks.

FYI

bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
bbao
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant