Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

This query, is on excel. In my old excell 03 maybe 98 I

This query, is on...

This query, is on excel

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Excel?

In my old excell 03 maybe 98 I could move with my mouse in the sheet when I that a sum enter in the cell to check highlighted cell in excel2016 can on longer do this ;for exmaple

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Excel?

Cell L4604 =106427

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

M4504=2865.22, cell L4605 =sum(L4604+M4504), when clicking at top page task bar, I can on long long move with my mouse , but can with the scroll bar, iD sooner roll when drag

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Richard, Software Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you

Do you mean to drag when you were summing cells?

So to expand the sum area?

Please let me know

no, after I place sum function in cell, in click on it to check info placed in it ,can not move with my mouse have to drag with the scroll bar to the right, i want to be able to use roller on mouse, as the spread between is to much to see on monitor

ok, sorry trying to understand but if you then just click in another mouse, then you can scroll again correct?

I'd like to do this so I better understand, you may have typo do you mean cell not mouse if thats the case yes

yes sorry, Cell.

This is the case though for how it works in 2016 and pretty much from 2010, you need to click out of the cell in order to navigate again.

Ok THx just another better fix's not worth damn

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I vaguely remember that you could type/click a on cell # and it would just go to it , were is that function again

Very top left, you see the Cell reference when you click one, click on it, type in the Cell and press enter and it goes to it.

Work for you ok?

Richard, Software Specialist
If thats best that can be done, it works for me THx again Norm H