Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I'm using Word 365 and when I record a macro, it won't work…

Customer Question
I'm using Word 365...

I'm using Word 365 and when I record a macro, it won't work again after I close the document. I put them on the quick access bar, and the icon remains but I get the error saying macro not found or prevented by security settings. I have the option set to run all macros. I've followed the tool tips about copying macros from one template to another but when it gets to the step about launching a manager function, it does not tell you how to actually use that function and it's not obvious what to do. Macros would save me a ton of unnecessary work time -- how can I get them to stick permanently? Thanks

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Word?

Oh, it opens just fine. It's never not opened.

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I have never been able to make macros stick since I moved to 365. With previous versions of word this has never been a problem.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/14/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Do you see the macro stil there once you check Macros from Developers ribbon? Which version of Word are you referring to?