Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

What is autorun.dll. Windows 10. I can't because it says…

Customer Question
What is autorun.dll Technician's...

What is autorun.dll

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I can't because it says autorun.dll is missing or corrupt

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

I also see a shredder issue but not sure it is related

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/14/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Sean S.
Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

It is a file within windows that is commonly used when installing Windows updates. If it get's corrupted or damaged, it can affect updates installing correctly until it's repaired

Is there anything I can help you with in regards ***** *****?