Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Word Starter programs.not working. Installed by dealer is…

Word Starter programs.not working...

Word Starter programs.not working. Installed by dealer is Office 14, according to my control panel, Disk C info I get message when I try to open them " Microsoft Word cannot be opened. Try again or repair the product in Control Panel."

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Word?

Two weeks ago. The Windows automatic update was today, so still no luck. I followed the directions for repair. It worked for 2 days, then stopped. When I tried to repair again, the system did not respond I do not have a physical disk to start over, so if I have to uninstall and reinstall, I could run into a wall. I have read the comments in the Just answer Microsoft Office, and they do not inspire confidence.

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or version of Windows?

The updates are automatically done remotely by Microsoft, and I have not updated anything at all.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

My computer has the Windows 7 Home Premium edition. I have taken the computer for service. No problems there. Then I checked with the wifi internet provider, Spectrum/Time Warner, and they could not find any porblem with the modem/router.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
3/13/2018
michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out

do you have the license key/ product key for the ms office package with you

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.I also request an answer before I have to leave this afternoon for other obligations. Although I understand there is a long line of people needing help, I do not know the terms of a "free TrialI am glad technicians are hired to help; however, to charge customers for a fault of Microsoft products is hard on those of us on fixed incomes. Microsoft makes enough money to pay its technicians well without scraping flesh off the chest of customers.

as i mentioned in the very beginning you are at justanswer.com services

its a paid support site and remote assistance is a premium paid service

our services are guaranteed for customer satisfaction

let me know if you wish to continue

ok,let's continue. do not use my cell phone
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

i can assist you via remote assistance

let me know if you would like the same

Why can we not do this in a simple manner?
I do not have the license key or product key. As I stated earlier, the computer came with the program loaded; however, I can call the computer store now. can you help other customers while you wait for me to get that info.

if you wish we can resume later..maybe in the evening or tomorrow

you need to simply reply to me on this page and we can schedule a time to continue

ok can we resume at 7 PM EST? How are we going to reconnect?What information will you need from me to proceed?

you can simply reply to me on this page

What information will you need from me to proceed?

we would need the product key of the office package

Microsoft Office Starter does not have a product key or a license key

yes. so i would simply need you to reply to me that you are ready and i will share a remote link to connect

I suspect that Microsoft has built in a way to stop Microsoft Office Starter because it does not comport with Windows 10 when updates are made

The messages to my cell phone cannot be opened. ARe these just automatically sent: I do not have apps, nor is it connected to the internet?
The messages to my cell phone cannot be opened. ARe these just automatically sent? I do not have apps on my cell phone, nor is it connected to the internet.

you can open this page from your email

The messages to my cell phone cannot be opened. ARe these just automatically sent? I do not have apps on my cell phone, nor is it connected to the internet.ARe you sending the link here online?

is the computer on which word starter installed connected to internet

it is connected (wirelessly.) What's weird is that at the computer service store, my computer readily opened the Windows Starter Office without fail. This is a difficult puzzle!

would you like me to remote connect to the computer now and check into the problem

or you would like me to do it later

I actually tested it out there myself after the technicians said they could find no problem. That's why we felt the problem was with the router/modem unit.

internet connection should not interfere with opening or a software

it has to be something else

are you in front of the computer that has the word problem

I am; however, the remote fix is $20 and I don't have it unless it is refundable should the fix not remain in place. In other words, if the fix works for a week then stops, I am back to square one and $20 poorer

dont worry. our service is guaranteed...however just to be on safer side\let me remote connect first

you may accept the offer once i am connected

open this link on the computer in a browser window

https://tinyurl.com/y8hjlrl6

in the page that opens you will see just answer remote desktop..scroll down the page and click on i agree
it will download a file Elsinore screen connect exe at bottom of screen
once its downloaded, open\run the file ..you can double click on it to run it
once it starts to run it will ask do you want to allow the file to make changes...say yes to it

We will have to do this at 7 this evening. Will that work? I have some other pressing things to take care of.
I should try to do the uninstall and reinstall unless Windows 7 system will not allow a reinstall using Windows 10. Is that correct? If so, I could be making things worse.
I should try to do the uninstall and reinstall unless Windows 7 system will not allow a reinstall..

8:30 pm est..would that be good?

I should try to do the uninstall and reinstall unless Windows 7 system will not allow a reinstall..Should I try the reinstall? Yes, 8:30PM should be good for me, too.

ok then i will reply to you at 8:30 or even you can reply to me around the same time on this page

michelleclive
Michelle,I am ready to move forward on getting this problem solved.

hi..i ma online now and will assist you

give me one moment here and i will share the remote connection link

is it the same https://tinyurl.com/y8hjlrl6 that you sent me earlier today?

its a different one

open this link

https://tinyurl.com/yb4fl35s

I have not backed up any data, as i do not have a sorage device to save data to. Will I most like;y be OK?
I have not backed up any data, as i do not have a storage device to save data to. Will I most like;y be OK?

yes remote session does not affect your data

in the page that opens you will see just answer remote desktop..scroll down the page and click on i agreeit will download a file Elsinore screen connect exe at bottom of screenonce its downloaded, open\run the file ..you can double click on it to run itonce it starts to run it will ask do you want to allow the file to make changes...say yes to it

I clicked on the link. Read the info and clicked on AGgree

I clicked on the link. Read the info and clicked on AGgreeThe next step waelsinor screenconnect exe. the directions did not ask me to allow the file to make changes. It asked if I wanted to save the file or cancel. So I clicked on save. Nothing else has happened so far yet.

are you using firefox?

I clicked on the link. Read the info and clicked on AGgreeaha! Never thought about that. Yes, indeed, I use Firefox. Lot's of built-in firewalls. Shall I start over in Explorer?
I clicked on the link. Read the info and clicked on AGgreeaha! Never thought about that. Yes, indeed, I use Firefox. Lot's of built-in firewalls. Shall I start over in Explorer?Oh, dear, will I actually be starting over from the beginning??

please start over in explorer

Is there nothing I can or should copy and paste into Explorer so that I do not lose you?

dont worry..try this

in firefox do you see the picture of a down arrow on top right

click on it

you will see elsinore screen connect exe listed

double click on it

I have been waiting for you to connect to the secure remote access screen as requested but i haven't got any response from you.

michelleclive: hi
michelleclive: michelle this side\i am now connected
Guest: ok
michelleclive: i have been waiting for you..i will now get started fixing the word starter problem
Guest: there is a clangy alert sound
Guest: ok
michelleclive: i will mute the sound\
Guest: thanks
Guest: what now?
Guest: there was no winword when you entered that term. Is there a work-around?
michelleclive: yes i am checking into it
michelleclive: working on my end
michelleclive: give me 2 mins here
michelleclive: word opens upo fine in the store
michelleclive: is that right?
Guest: ok. I can be patient, thought I am fighting sleep.
Guest: yes. My computer was able to oen Word Starter at the computer store
michelleclive: do you have any other internet connection at home
Guest: so why not now ? weird
Guest: no other wireless connection at home. No need to pay for 2
Guest: Besides, this connection has worked well for almost 2 years now without a problem.
michelleclive: yes..i will try to do a reinstall
michelleclive: ok try again
michelleclive: i will restart computer once
michelleclive: give me a minute here
michelleclive: testing a fix on my end
michelleclive: its fixed
michelleclive: all working now
michelleclive: you can close word and reopen and check how it goes
michelleclive: are you there
michelleclive: are you there
Guest: fighting sleeo
michelleclive: oh i am so sorry it took time
michelleclive: but its fixed now
michelleclive: you can close word and reopen and check
Guest: that is what it takes. I am sorry you have to work so late to help me out.
michelleclive: ok
Guest: I will close word now and try to reopen, Is this Word or Word Starter?
michelleclive: word starter
Guest: I can open it now. I would like to change back to firefox to open it. Will I lose you again?
michelleclive: no
michelleclive: i am connected
michelleclive: you will not lose me
Guest: took forever to find how to get back to you the first time.
michelleclive: dont worry i am connected
michelleclive: you can switch to firefox
Guest: here goes.
Guest: wow! You are a miracle worker
michelleclive: :)thanks
Guest: What was the problem after all?
michelleclive: 2 problems were there
michelleclive: a clcik 2 run package file of word was corrupteed and your internet protocol setting too was messed up
michelleclive: fixed both of them
michelleclive: thsi problem will not repeat again
Guest: I wish I knew how that occurred. So, the click 2 run package the program told me to use for repair failed to work.
michelleclive: it was not firefox protocol but windows internet protocol settings
Guest: Firefox protocols seemed to be ok, then?
Guest: aha, it was all about Windows not working for some reason.
michelleclive: yes
Guest: You have saved me. Thank you so much! I will remember your name and great service. Thank you so much. You are very patient, thorough, and knowledgeable. I cannot thank you enough!
michelleclive: you are most welcome
michelleclive: i will save my profile page to your bookmarks for future
michelleclive: i have added my page
michelleclive: you can alsways ask me a question directly from this page