Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Text missing in PowerPoint presentation windows 10

3/12/2018
Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Software Development Engineer

Hi, I'm Benjamin. Welcome to our site. I'm reviewing your question now and I'll reply with more details ASAP.

Hi Chris, I gather you are having some problems with PowerPoint and Windows 10. Can you give me a bit more information on the problem so I can give you better help? Thanks!

I have a number of presentations where my text is not showing at all in any slide ..don’t know what happened

Did you make this presentation on this computer, another computer, or did you get a file from someone else?

Also, do you know which version of PowerPoint you are using?

On this computer

Are you seeing the same problem with any other files or do they work okay?

They work okay

Thank you for the info, and which version of PowerPoint please?

2010

I've not come across this issue personally. I did some research and I'm not finding a smoking gun at this point.

Things I'd try: See if your font got changed, See if your text got changed to white to match the background color. Try saving as PPTX or PPT (the opposite of whatever it's saved in now).

You might also try opening the file in Notepad to see if any text displays there. (There will likely be a lot of strange characters too.

If you'd like, an expert can remote onto your computer to try to resolve this issue for you, though that would be an additional charge.

I’ve noticed that all the ones not showing have the same font

Try changing the font to something very default like "Ariel" or "Times New Roman". Sometimes if you don't have the font that you selected, that can cause this issue.

I didn't think it was as likely because usually you see that when you load a PowerPoint file from computer A which has the font to computer B that doesn't and you said this was all on the same computer.

Hi, just wanted to follow up with you.
Benjamin Larson