Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I am revising a document that someone already red-lined and…

Customer Question
I am revising a...

I am revising a document that someone already red-lined and inserted comments. I am using Word 2016.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Word?

When I type the red line is a different color and my name is ***** ***** the comments. when I save the document and open it again all the red line is the same color and all comment are in the name of "Author" so i can't tell who did what

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

How do i get the red line and authors to be different?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/11/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 3 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Can you please upload screenshot showing what kind of red line it is on your screen?

Regarding how to change author's name, please advise your OS or computer type as the instruction is OS specific. Thanks.