Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Something is very wrong in the formatting. Using Word 2016…

Customer Question
Something is very wrong...

Something is very wrong in the formatting. Using Word 2016 on a Mac. There is 2 1/2 inches of white space at bottom of each page and the paragraph indentations are erratic. When I try to have a section with different indentations it messes up the other printing. Very frustrating.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

No printer on I am trying to write an essay.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Why are you asking about printer. I don't have it on.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Is anyone going to answer my question?
It is now almost 25 minutes. Is this normal?
I have only about 15 more minutes to fix this problem and save my essay. I also need to know how to fix formatting for documents and margins so it is consistent and not leave huge gaps at the bottom of pages.
3/11/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

> There is 2 1/2 inches of white space at bottom of each page and the paragraph indentations are erratic

Can you please upload the Word document here for review? Thanks.

When I got back last night I filled in the white space by writing the paragraph or two that was on the next page and putting where it belonged. I no longer have the messed up pages. Too a long time and was very frustrating. Not sure this service is much help when you don't even know what I am talking about.

> Not sure this service is much help when you don't even know what I am talking about.

No, we are not God, we can't help without knowing the symptom or offering a suggestion.

Please do upload the document for review if the issue persists. Thanks.

I hear you. I agree this service is not very helpful. I just got what I needed on a chat from someone at Microsoft. How do I cancel this service?