Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I need help changing a line chart in an excel

I need help changing...

I need help changing a line chart in an excel spreadsheet....

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Excel?

Unknown I am not in the IT dpeartment....

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Excel?

Tried every way I knew of to reassign column data to a line on a line chart5

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats it....

3/10/2018
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

can you send your file and explain what you want changed?

The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
I just need the line graphs fixed....
Both Charts - Y Axis = 0->600000 / X Axis = Jan -> Dec / Fixed Black Horizontal Line at 165000
Top Chart
Data / Line Legend = S/O 2017 ( cell B3 )
Data = B5->B16
Data / Line Legend = S/O 2017 Est. at 42% GP ( cells C3+C4 )
Data = C5->C16
Data / Line Legend = S/O 2018 ( cell D3 )
Data = D5->D16
Data / Line Legend = S/O 2018 Est. at 42% GP ( cells E3+E4 )
Data = E5->E16
Bottom Chart
Data / Line Legend = Invoices 2017 ( cell G3 )
Data = G5->G16
Data / Line Legend = Invoices 2017 GP ( cell H3 )
Data = H5->H16
Data / Line Legend = Invoices 2018 ( cell I3 )
Data = I5->I16
Data / Line Legend = Invoices 2018 ( cell J3 )
Data = J5->J16
Is this clear?
- Joe / ***@******.***

is this what you wanted?

did you need remote support?

Or is this sufficient?

Great 1st pass.
A few errors on bottom chart only....
Bottom Chart
Data / Line Legend = Invoices 2017 ( cell G3 ) = CORRECT
Data = G5->G16 = CORRECT
Data / Line Legend = Invoices 2017 GP ( cell H3 ) = INCORRECT + Should be blue dashed line
Data = H5->H16 = INCORRECT + Should be blue dashed line
Data / Line Legend = Invoices 2018 ( cell I3 ) = INCORRECT + Should be green line
Data = I5->I16 = INCORRECT + Should be green line
Data / Line Legend = Invoices 2018 ( cell J3 ) = INCORRECT + Should be green dashed line
Data = J5->J16 = INCORRECT + Should be green dashed line
I'll hold for your 2nd try on this chart and we can determine then if I need remote assistance. OK?
Thanks. - Joe

i didn't really pay any attention to coloros

try this

The charts look great and chart data is where it needs to go.
One last item you missed....
From 1st email -> "Both Charts - Y Axis = 0->600000 / X Axis = Jan -> Dec / Fixed Black Horizontal Line at 165000"
I need the fixed solid black horizontal line on both graphs at the value $165,000
That should wrap it up.
- Joe
PS - Do you do work out of justanswer.com?

i am just a consultant, trying to make a living.

Ok I don;t understand what you are asking for now.

If you download and install teamviewer we can do a remote. you can show me what you are talking about.;

https://www.teamviewer.us/teamviewer-automatic-download/

say it is for personal use if they ask, let me know when it is installed and running

i need your partner id....

i actually will need ur ID and password ***** connect

697 207 801 / 3979

give me a minute

OK....