Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I would like to install Microsoft Office on my wife's

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to install Microsoft Office on my wife's laptop. She does not need the professional edition just the basic edition so sh can write letters

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

It is an HP 2000 with Windows not sure if it is windows 10 or not

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

My wife uses this laptop mostly for email. Probably not too many updates unless they were automatic

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
3/10/2018
Microsoft Office Technician: John, Microsoft Office Specialist replied 4 months ago
John, Microsoft Office Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer which is a paid independent Q&A and Tech support providing site. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

Are you trying to purchase the basic version of office for your fine ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send

I have Microsoft Office on my laptop but I forget how I installed it. I would like to purchase Office for my wife's laptop. Can you help me?

Sure i can but before that did you purchase it online,if so we can install the same on your wife's laptop in that way you do not need to purchase another one.

I forget how purchased and installed it but it was probably online. I recently repaid my annual cost.

OK if you paid any annual subscription then it has to be in your microsoft account.

How many working email accounts do you have,let me know and i can check which one is linked to microsoft account.

are you still there?

Yes i am still here and replied to you above so please check it and let me know.

I believe that the email linked to micro soft is***@******.***

Please give me a moment to check it.

Yes its a Microsoft account so first login to that microsoft account using this link : - https://login.live.com

If you forgot the password ***** it use the Forgot my password ***** in the password ***** to reset the password.

Once you are signed in please let me know.

I have checked in.

Good now go to services and subscription and it will show the list of services you purchased see if its Microsoft office in it.

I purchased Microsoft Office 2 times

OH OK

Which versions are they?

you know which one you are currently using.If not you can go to installed programs list in control panel and find it from there.

Office 365 Personal

Both are office 365 personal?

It is only one version which was renewed last year. Office 365 personal
John,
Can I just buy another Office 365 Personal for my wife and how do I start?

Yes you can buy another one using here email address which first needs to be linked to a microsoft account.

You mentioned that you purchased office 2 times that is why i asked.

If its a single personal version then you cannot install it on another computer.

If your wife only needs a email application there are other free email clients too.

Let me know which one you prefer.

My wife has a Google email address. Can we use this and where do I get started?

Yes she can use her gmail address as a microsoft account but before you go for the purchase let me suggest you one thing instead of going for 2 personal (one for you and another for your wife) i suggest you get a home version in this way you can install it up to 5 computer also instead of pay close to 140$ you only need to pay 100$ a year for both.Its just a suggestion its totally up to you.

Here is the link to get office : - https://products.office.com/en-us/compare-all-microsoft-office-products?tab=1

Let me know how it goes also if you face any trouble please do let me know.

Sir did you see my above reply ?

thanks for the reply I went to the link you furnished and tried to purchase the 100.00 version. had questions about this, like can I install if right away or do I have to have it shipped to me. I called to toll free number and a message said they were not working today.

You do not need a disc to install it.If you have a good internet connection.Sign in to your wife's microsoft account on her laptop and then make the purchase and then you will get the option to download and install it.

Are you clear?

Is there anything else you like to know?

If you do not have any further questions please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,

Checking to see whether you still need help.

Thank you.