Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have a Mac computer and when I clicked on Microsoft Word,

I have a Mac...

I have a Mac computer and when I clicked on Microsoft Word, a little colored ball just turns and turns but doesn't open Word?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Word?

I have to update it but don't know how to get off the little colored ball to look for the update it. Where do I find the update?

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes I do need to know how to set up paper that is 5.5 x 8.5 to type my address book on in Word

When I try to click on Word, it won't even open now!!
3/9/2018
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer.com. My name is***** give me a minute or two to look over your case. If there are any more details that you wish to give me regarding your case, type them in the box below and click the 'reply to expert' button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt. The remote service is guaranteed to to help and fix your problem.

Thank you,
Jason

When you attempt to open Microsoft Word, does it ever give you an error message or does it simply not open?

Just won't open..no error message
No prefer not to use remote

I understand. The remote is often times preferred because it allows me to analyze the problem myself so that I can find the culprit before fixing it. We can work without the remote.

1) Which version of Word are you using?

2) When was the last time that it worked?

Jason Jones, Computer Technician

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

You must run the application below on a computer. It will not work on any phone or tablet.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 09
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.

You are using a Mac computer, so you need to do one more thing to run the remote application.

Please, do the following:
- Click the Apple icon on the top left of your screen.
- Click System Preferences
- Click the "Security & Privacy" icon.
- Click the "General" tab
- Click the "Open Anyways" button and run the program.

Once that is done, the remote application will open.

I can't get the launch app to load?

I see that you have downloaded the application and attempted to run it.

Please, do the following:
- Click System Preferences
- Click the "Security & Privacy" icon.
- Click the "General" tab

Thank you for your time and patience today.

In the future, if you need any help with anything in the categories below, please let me know.

On this website, I am an expert in each of the following categories listed below:
- Computer
- Networking
- Mac
- Printer
- Cell Phones
- E-Readers
- Android Devices
- Laptop
- Computer Hardware
- Software
- Email
- Microsoft Office
- Smartphones
- Office Equipment
- Programming
- Consumer Electronics

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with -For ***** ***** Only!-

My Profile Page:

http://JasonFixedit.com