John, Microsoft Office Specialist
Experience:  I have been in this industry for more that 7 years.i do mainly installing,configuring & troubleshooting Microsoft Office
50152684

Word documents frequently close with message, "Word has run

Word documents frequently close with message, "Word has run into erro preventing it from working correctly." I have both Office 2016 and Office 365 on my Samsung computer. Could they be interfering with each other?
JA: What application are you using?
Customer: Word 2016
JA: Have you updated Word recently?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just how to keep documents from closing on me and losing changes before I have a chance to save them

Hello and welcome to Justanswer which is a paid independent Q&A and Tech support providing site. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

There is good possibility for conflicts if multiple versions of office is installed on the computer so i recommend you remove one version and then do a repair installation on the installed version.

Which version of windows is installed in the PC.Is it Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Samsung PC came with Windows 10 but I'm not sure it is still on computer after installing Office 2016.

To do remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=8e9a0fb6-9033-4108-bcba-ec50360e9b81 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Solved the issue and gave necessary suggestion to improve performance.

Sincerely,